· The only paradigm the terrorists has today is that they haveno paradigm
· The intelligence challenge has completely changed – today we are not looking for enemies formations and molds, we are in search of different entities.
· The first RMA (revolution in military affairs) took place in the late 70's, today we are facing the need to achieve a second RMA.
· Commando and Special Forces are the most effective unites against terror, insurgents and guerrillas.
· Air strikes won't be enough- there is a need for(other) boots on the ground.
About the speaker:
Brigadier General (Res.) Gal Hirsch had served in the past as the commander of the "Shaldag" unit. BG Hirsch has had 25 years of experience in commanding infantry, paratrooper and commando forces, and has personally led units, battalions, brigades, and divisions in fighting Israel's enemies. While commanding the IDF's Officers’ School, BG Hirsch devoted himself to developing military leadership and instructing combat commanders.
He holds an MBA Degree from Tel-Aviv University and graduated from the Advanced Operational Course in the IDF. BG Hirsch is a research associate at the International Institute for Counter-Terrorism in Herzliya and the chairman of the Israel Leadership Institute.
BG Hirsch had recently published his book ‘Defensive shield - an Israeli Special Forces Commander on the Frontline of Counterterrorism’. It is available for purchase on Amazon and will be offered for purchase with additional discount during the event.